Some Catch Up

A bit of stuff has happened in the last few months and not all of it good. My partner left me, I got promoted at work, I got more hours at work. I have a new housemate and my cat is back living with me.
That of course is the short version, and whilst there is a lot more to the story my mates know what happened and we shall leave it at that I think. (And thanks for all the support guys)
I have started getting back in touch with my inner pagan, lol and its been a good thing. There is a certain aspect of ones self that never really stops being in touch with the old ways as it were but in part due to recent events its been reawakened and this isnt a bad thing. I have been connecting with a lot of my pagan mates and I have enjoyed it. Last night I spent Lammas at Freds place and even with the drama of a wasp stinging Hugh, and the poor kid crying in pain for most of the night, all in all it was a great night. The home made bread and cookies were a treat and some mead to wash it down with was great.
We made an offering to Thor and Odin for a wet winter and the continuing blessings and protection of our respective homes and lives, and with summer ending and autumn upon us we had a chance to usher in the new season.
I'm still being followed around by the mini murder of three crows, which is both odd and a blessing, and as such I must remember to make an offering to the Morrigan on the dark of the moon.
Well thats the latest pagan news out the way, onto the technology.
I am really enjoying the work at IBM, Big blue is a great company to work for. The technical challanges I face at work always keep me on my toes and use my knowledge to its best extent. I am glad I dont have to do the helpdesk thing anymore and with the move to DSA (Distibuted Systems Access) I dont have to deal with clients as much as I used to. Its more of a focus on the Network Admin side of things, which is what I do well.
I have noticed that there are still times I smack my head against a desk when dealing with some issues, but thats the nature of the game, and I always try to be proffesional even when dealing with people who lock out their accounts when the password is their own name...lol.
I should have my license soon and this means at last I will be free....YAY
I am going to be saving up soon in an effort to put enough money aside to go on a trip to the UK, It would be great to catch up with Andrew and his lovely new Lady in his new home environment. That and I want to spend a couple of weeks poking about in castles and traveling through Scotland.
Well that should do for now, hopefully I should be able to keep this thing far more up to date than I have in the past.
Well here's hoping.
Mark

1 Comments:
Thanks for the update :-) And looking forward to seeing you in the UK at some point!
Keep typing and we'll keep reading!
Post a Comment
<< Home